Collaboration with overseas educational, medical and scientific institutions, international, national, non-governmental and intergovernmental organizations is considered to be the most principal direction of the TSMA activity. The Tver State Medical Academy is always open for international partnership, scientific, educational and practical cooperation and exchange.
We are happy and proud to present our partners and friends with whom we have managed to achieve significant success in various aspects of work and are expecting to have more in future:
Saarland University (Germany)
- foundation of Russian-German research-practical-training centre of endoscopic surgery
- foundation of Russian-German research-practical-training centre of innovative technologies in ophthalmology
- foundation of joint laboratory of molecular genetics
- development and implementation of Russian-German program in pediatric cardiology
- opening of the TSMA representative office at the Saarland University
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem and MASHAV (Israel)
- development of public health practice and education in Tver and the Oblast
Bicon Medical Centre (USA)
- foundation of teaching and clinical centre of dental implantology
- students exchange program at the faculties of general medicine and dental medicine
Since 1962 the Tver State Medical Academy has been training medical specialists for 57 countries. In 1986 by decision of the national government the Academy was awarded the National Award of International Friendship for remarkable contribution to international education and development.
The TSMA is a multinational educational institution. The approximate proportion of foreign students in the Academy is 30 percent. Currently students from more than 50 countries study in Tver, mainly from India, Sri Lanka, countries of the Middle East and Eastern Europe, Cameroon, Nigeria, Kenya, Nepal. The Tver State Medical Academy has the largest community of Indian students in Russia.
International students have options to study in English or Russian. Special language intensive program is available for those who choose to study in Russian.