Today:
27.11.2008 г.

Collaboration with overseas educational, medical and scientific institutions, international, national, non-governmental and intergovernmental organizations is considered to be the most principal direction of the TSMA activity. The Tver State Medical Academy is always open for international partnership, scientific, educational and practical cooperation and exchange.

We are happy and proud to present our partners and friends with whom we have managed to achieve significant success in various aspects of work and are expecting to have more in future:

Saarland University (Germany)

  • foundation of Russian-German research-practical-training centre of endoscopic surgery
  • foundation of Russian-German research-practical-training centre of innovative technologies in ophthalmology
  • foundation of joint laboratory of molecular genetics
  • development and implementation of Russian-German program in pediatric cardiology
  • opening of the TSMA representative office at the Saarland University

 

The Hebrew University of Jerusalem and MASHAV (Israel)

  • development of public health practice and education in Tver and the Oblast

 

Bicon Medical Centre (USA)

  • foundation of teaching and clinical centre of dental implantology

 

  • students exchange program at the faculties of general medicine and dental medicine

 

10.10.2008 г.

The history of the Tver State Medical Academy opens up in 1902 when courses for dental students were arranged. In 1936 the Leningrad Dental Institute was founded. In 1954 by decision of the Soviet government the Institute was transferred from Leningrad to the city of Kalinin.

In 1986 the Institute was awarded the prestigious Nations Friendship National Award for outstanding contribution to international education, collaboration and development. In 1994 after renaming of Kalinin to Tver, the Institute was also renamed and got the status of the Academy.

  • 1902 – Dental School was founded in St. Petersburg by I. A. Pashutin

  • 1919 – the Institute of Public Dentistry was founded and led by E. N. Anderson

  • 1924 – the 1st Dental Laboratory was founded and led by Z. B. Pirjatinsky

  • 1926 – St. Petersburg Scientific Dental Polyclinic was founded

  • 1927 – St. Petersburg Scientific Dental Institute was founded

  • 1933 – Leningrad Dental Institute was founded

  • 1936 – Leningrad State Dental Institute was founded

  • 1954 – Kalinin State Medical Institute was formed

  • 1957 – first graduation at the Dental Faculty

  • 1958 – first graduation at the Faculty of General Medicine

  • 1962 – the Institute started to train doctors for foreign countries

  • 1989 – the Faculty of Postgraduate Studies was founded

  • 1990 – the Faculty of Pediatrics was founded

  • 1994 – Tver State Medical Academy was formed

  • 2001 – the Pharmaceutical Faculty was founded

  • 2003 – the Faculty of the Advanced Nursing Education was founded


11.09.2008 г.

For more than 70 years the Tver State Medical Academy has been playing a leading role in the development of medical science and training of medical practitioners and scientists. It is always among the top 10 Medical Educational Institutions according to the annual official rating of the 48 Russian Medical Educational Institutions. Today it is the largest medical scientific, research and educational centre, noted for its extensive clinical and laboratory base and a brilliant teaching staff. The Academy possesses a complex of buildings designed for practical classes, lectures, laboratory studies, research work and auxiliary services.

The Tver State Medical Academy is a public educational institution and operates under supervision of the Ministry of Health and Social Development and Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation (license № 282451, certificate № 1358).

The TSMA has 6 faculties:

  • Faculty of General Medicine
  • Faculty of Dental Medicine
  • Faculty of Pediatrics
  • Pharmaceutical Faculty
  • Faculty of Advanced Nursing Education
  • Faculty of Postgraduate Studies

Rector of the Tver State Medical Academy is Prof. M. N. Kalinkin. President of the Tver State Medical Academy is Prof. B. N. Davidov.

The Tver State Medical Academy is a home for 4700 students simultaneously. Every third student in the Academy is a foreign national. The Academy consists of 63 theoretical and clinical departments. It occupies 6000 beds in 10 various hospitals, including specialized hospitals for oncology, tuberculosis, infectious, skin and sexual transmitted diseases. The Academy owns dental clinic of more than 200 chairs, the clinic considers being one of the best and advanced in the country.

The Academy provides training of specialists not only for Тver and Tver Oblast but also for other regions of Russia — Tula, Bryansk, Novgorod, Pskov, Moscow, Kaluga, Ivanovo, Yaroslavl, Kostroma, Vladimir, Murmansk, Vologda, Karelia.

The Tver State Medical Academy is officially recognized by the UN agencies for health care and education. For more than 47 years (since 1962) it has been training specialists for 57 countries of the world. Today teaching in the Academy is conducted in Russian or English.

One of the main aspects of work of the Academy is its clinical activity. Clinical departments of the Academy are integrated to the structure of municipal and regional health care institutions. Main surgical, therapeutic and dental departments in Tver are headed by the Academy professors and associate professors.

 

 

 

1 - 3 из 3
Страницы:
Photo Gallery
© Tver State Medical University Official Website 2005 — 2017
Develop&support: TGMA MedInsite GROUP